Sunday, August 7, 2022
Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ!
This week we will begin our registration for our Catechetical Programs in three languages. Please make a special effort to register your children for these wonderful programs. Please also register your family for our parish. I pray that you may consider your pledges for PSA 2022 and New Project. May God, through the intercession of Our Lady of La Vang, bestow upon all of you love, peace, and joy!
The central theme of today’s readings is the necessity of trusting faith in God’s promises and vigilant preparedness among Christ's followers. The First Reading cites the faith-filled preparedness of the ancient Hebrew slaves in Egypt before their mass exodus to the Promised Land. Their trusting faith in their God’s promises gave them hope. We are told how their faith and hope resulted in their liberation. With expectant hope, the Hebrews sacrificed the first Passover lamb and ate the first ritual meal, as prescribed by their God through Moses. They awaited their imminent release and were prepared for it. In the Second Reading, taken from the last chapter of Paul’s letter to the Hebrews, Paul defines faith as “the realization of what is hoped for and evidence of things not seen.” He tries to bolster the faith of the Jewish Christians (the Hebrews), by appealing to the example of their ancestors, starting with Abraham, and narrating the things they had accomplished by faith. In the Gospel, Jesus challenges his disciples to trust the Father’s promise to give them eternal happiness in His kingdom. But they are to be always prepared, because the Son of Man may come at an unexpected hour either at the moment of their death or at the end of the world, whichever is earlier. Using the master- servant parable, Jesus reminds us always to do the will of God by obeying Jesus’ commandment of love, offering humble and sacrificial service to others. Using the master-thief parable Jesus warns us to be on our guard so that the thief (the devil), may not steal our treasure of divine grace by his temptations.
We need to be always prepared to meet Our Lord as our judge. Let us always remember the words of the Book of Revelation: "Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will enter his house and dine with him and he with me" (Rev. 3:20). Since nobody is sure about the time and circumstances of his or her death, we must be ever prepared to face Jesus, our Lord and savior, as our judge at the moment of our death, to give an account of our lives. He wants to see that we kept our personal relationship with him by growing in holiness. Such a growth is possible by: talking daily to him and listening to him by bible reading; asking for the guidance of the Holy Spirit every day; recharging our spiritual batteries by offering our lives on the altar and getting spiritual nourishment by Holy Communion during the Holy Mass; getting reconciled with God every day asking for His pardon and forgiveness with a repentant heart, and seeking His forgiveness, through the sacrament of reconciliation, for serious sins; and by seeing the face of Jesus in every one and serving all people around us by sacrificially sharing our blessings with them.
Sincerely yours in Jesus Christ and Our Lady of La Vang!
Reverend Joseph Luan Nguyen, Pastor
List of bulletins 2022
- August 07, 2022 Nineteenth Sunday in Ordinary Time Year C
- July 31, 2022 Eighteenth Sunday in Ordinary Time Year C
- July 24, 2022 Seventeenth Sunday in Ordinary Time Year C
- July 17, 2022 Sixteenth Sunday in Ordinary Time Year C
- July 10, 2022 Fifteenth Sunday in Ordinary Time Year C
- July 03, 2022 Fourteenth Sunday in Ordinary Time Year C
- June 26, 2022 Thirteenth Sunday in Ordinary Time Year C
- June 19, 2022 CORPUS CHRISTI Year C
- June 12, 2022 The Most Holy Trinity Year C
- June 05, 2022 Pentecost Sunday Year C
- May 29, 2022 Seventh Sunday of Easter Year C
- May 22, 2022 Sixth Sunday of Easter Year C
- May 15, 2022 Fifth Sunday of Easter Year C
- May 08, 2022 Fourth Sunday of Easter Year C
- May 01, 2022 Third Sunday of Easter Year C
- April 24, 2022 Sunday of Divine Mercy Year C
- April 17, 2022 Easter Sunday Year C
- April 10, 2022 Palm Sunday Year C
- April 03, 2022 Fifth Sunday of Lent Year C
- March 27, 2022 Fourth Sunday of Lent Year C
- March 20, 2022 Third Sunday of Lent Year C
- March 13, 2022 Second Sunday of Lent Year C
- March 06, 2022 First Sunday of Lent Year C
- February 27, 2022 Eighth Sunday in Ordinary Time Year C
- February 20, 2022 Seventh Sunday in Ordinary Time Year C
- February 13, 2022 Sixth Sunday in Ordinary Time Year C
- February 6, 2022 Fifth Sunday in Ordinary Time Year C
- January 30, 2022 Fourth Sunday in Ordinary Time Year C
- January 23, 2022 Third Sunday in Ordinary Time Year C
- January 16, 2022 Second Sunday in Ordinary Time Year C
- January 09, 2022 The Baptism of the Lord Year C
- January 02, 2022 The Epiphany of the Lord Year C