Sunday, May 22, 2022
Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ!
Our parish just had a wonderful Confirmation Mass of our Confirmation Students. I want to express my spe-cial thanks to Sr Thu Huong, Paola Flores and Confirmations teams who have worked so hard for our Confir-mations students. I hope that our students will continue to attend masses and pray with your families. Please continue to support PSA 2022 and our parish new building project and the Shrine of Our Lady of La Vang. May the Lord through the intercession of Our Lady of La Vang bless each one of you with peace love and joy!
Today’s readings show us the effects of the abiding presence of God in His Church and of His indwelling in each one of us. The first reading, taken from the Acts of the Apostles, tells us how the indwelling of the Holy Spirit in the Church helped the apostles to solve a major doctrinal problem about the Gentiles becoming Christians, which shook the very foundation of the early Church. The second reading, taken from the Book of Revelation, describes the Church as the Heavenly Jerusalem, a city united in love, with the victorious Jesus residing in it and in each of its members, replacing the holy presence of God in the Holy of Holies in the Tem-ple in Jerusalem. The Gospel passage reminds us that the Holy Spirit, abiding within us, is our teacher and the source of all peace. The passage offers a vision of hope. Jesus promises his followers that the Holy Spirit will come and instruct them in everything they need to know.
The message for us to reflect on this Sunday is that we need to be aware of the abiding presence of God within us. We live in the New Covenant of Jesus, facing daily uncertainty, conflict, and temptations. It is the abiding presence of God within us that enables us to face the future with undying hope and true Christian courage. However, to be able to receive His gifts, it is necessary for us to spend a little time each day in personal prayer talking to God and listening to Him. We must deepen our relationship with Jesus, learn to get in touch with him, and sincerely love him. When we listen to the Holy Spirit, we will know His plan for our lives and His solutions to whatever problems we face. We will be able to love our fellow human beings, and there will be a core of peace within us. The Holy Spirit, Whom the Risen Lord asked His Father to send upon His Church, prompts us to turn to His Holy Scriptures for support and encouragement, enables us to learn the Divine truths, and always grants us His peace. The Holy Spirit teaches us through the Scriptures and preaching dur-ing the Holy Mass. Jesus loves us and comes to us in Communion. When the Mass is ended, we go forth in the peace of Christ -- all this under the guidance of the Holy Spirit.
Sincerely yours in the Risen Lord and Our Lady of La Vang!
Reverend Joseph Luan Nguyen.
List of bulletins 2022
- May 22, 2022 Sixth Sunday of Easter Year C
- May 15, 2022 Fifth Sunday of Easter Year C
- May 08, 2022 Fourth Sunday of Easter Year C
- May 01, 2022 Third Sunday of Easter Year C
- April 24, 2022 Sunday of Divine Mercy Year C
- April 17, 2022 Easter Sunday Year C
- April 10, 2022 Palm Sunday Year C
- April 03, 2022 Fifth Sunday of Lent Year C
- March 27, 2022 Fourth Sunday of Lent Year C
- March 20, 2022 Third Sunday of Lent Year C
- March 13, 2022 Second Sunday of Lent Year C
- March 06, 2022 First Sunday of Lent Year C
- February 27, 2022 Eighth Sunday in Ordinary Time Year C
- February 20, 2022 Seventh Sunday in Ordinary Time Year C
- February 13, 2022 Sixth Sunday in Ordinary Time Year C
- February 6, 2022 Fifth Sunday in Ordinary Time Year C
- January 30, 2022 Fourth Sunday in Ordinary Time Year C
- January 23, 2022 Third Sunday in Ordinary Time Year C
- January 16, 2022 Second Sunday in Ordinary Time Year C
- January 09, 2022 The Baptism of the Lord Year C
- January 02, 2022 The Epiphany of the Lord Year C