“Being youth leader is not a matter of having a title, a position, or an overwhelming personality.
Youth leader is first and foremost a matter of the heart.”
Who are we?
The Vietnamese Eucharistic Youth Society is a non-profit organization, under the leadership of the Catholic Church. Its aim is to teach youths to be virtuous people and good Christians. It also offers apostolate services for the youth. Throughout its years of service, the Society has kept pace with social and cultural changes of the day in an attempt to reach out to the youth of all times.
The Eucharistic Youth Movement has two general purposes:
- Form young people to become fulfilled individuals and perfect Christians.
- Organize and guide young people to spread the Good News of Jesus Christ and contribute to building the Church.
The Eucharistic Youth Movement utilizes God’s Word in the Scriptures and Catholic Church Magisterium as the basis for educating and guiding the youth in its activities.
Eucharistic Youth Movement accepts the Eucharistic Jesus Christ as its focal point, as source of spiritual life, and as ideal for the life of its members.
- Live God’s Word and be united with the Eucharistic Christ through Prayer, Communion, Sacrifice, and Apostolic Work under the guidance of the Holy Spirit, particularly apostolic work by the youth: “The youth must do apostolic work first and directly to the youth” (Decree Lay Apostolicity, no. 12)
- Love and adore the Blessed Virgin Mary, Mother of the Savior, so that through Our Mother, we receive Christ and take Christ into our lives in a perfect way.
- Adore the Vietnamese Martyrs; follow their examples to become witnesses for the Good News of Christ.
- Love and obey the representative of Christ, the Pope, who is the leader of the Eucharistic Youth, and at the same time pray and implement the monthly wishes of the Holy Father.
- Improve humanity; protect and develop Vietnamese traditions and culture.