Fingerprinting & Background Check Safe Environment for Staff and Volunteers Who Contact with Minor Children
6 STEPS TO FOLLOW
- Step 1: Application. Click here to download the “Safe Environment Applicant Information For Live Scan Form” or arrive to the up-stair office to meet Kathy Kelly receive it. Complete it and submit it to her.
- Step 2: Live Scan Form. After you submit to her your completed Safe Environment Applicant Information For Live Scan Form, i.e., once the Diocese of Orange has accepted your application, Kathy will provide you with a Live Scan Fingerprinting Form.
- Step 3: Policy and Acknowledgment. Click here to download the Diocese of Orange Policy Against Sexual Misconduct (included Acknowledgement of Receipt). Read Policy, sign Acknowledgment and submit it to Kathy.
- Step 4: Click here to download the list of all locations for fingerprinting. Remember to bring with you to the fingerprinted place the completed Live Scan Fingerprinting Form, the signed Acknowledgment and your photo ID. You may find the location nearest you by clicking here.
- Step 5: Safe Environment Training. Completion of the live or online Safe Environment Training Courseis required prior to commencement of service and repeated every three (3) years for employees and volunteers over the age of 18. Online training can be completed through Shield The Vulnerable. Click herefor Shield The Vulnerable, and print out the Certificate. Or, click here to download the list of all locations for Live Training.
- Step 6: You may contact Kathy Kelly at 714-544-3250, Ext. 13. Return all completed and signed Formsand the Safe Environment Training Certificate to Kathy Kelly via e-mail, postage mail or in person at her up-stair office.